They're After Blood!...or plasma...

Hey all! You're probably wondering about the title, but, surprise surprise, I'm not talking about vampires! Yesterday I went with my mom to a clinic to give blood and I was a little bit scared since the last time I did the plasmapheresis (just means they only took plasma from me and gave me saline and my red blood cells) I fainted. O.O I decided that this time around I was going to eat as much as I could for dinner the night before, breakfast, and definitely lunch. So yes, I had to break my fast. :( Oh well, I didn't faint this time, in fact I felt awesome. I didn't have any adverse reactions at all (unless you count how cold I got when they pumped the saline solution back into my blood stream, but that's only because it was at room temp which is about 20 degrees colder than your internal temp...oh and I think i might have gotten a little bruise...but that's about it. Other than that nothing really has happened...well except for the fact that I'm suppose to be working on my cultural report but mom's trying to make me clean the house instead. >.<

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(February 24, 2007) Update

(February 5, 2009) Good Start

I HATE Science!